The Friday Five is a weekly meme hosted by Joost @ Nerdygeekyfanboy in which several Dutch bloggers make top 5 lists according to a certain topic. I haven’t participated in a while because the topics were not that appealing to me, but this week’s topic, suggested by Joany @ Craving Pages, sounded really interesting. We all know Erin Watt, Nicci French and Chrristina Lauren, all examples of author duo’s. Which authors do I think should form a duo, Project-based or forever?
- Sarah J. Maas and Holly Black. Both authors have stories set in the Faerie world and I’m really curious what kind of touch these two can give to the faeries and their world. I think that Maas’ magic and world building, combined with Black’s characters will make great stories. Don’t get me wrong, I like Holly Black’s world building too, but I think Sarah J. Maas creates more complex worlds and magic systems.
- Adam Silvera and Alice Oseman. This duo is completely different from the previous one, but both authors are intertwining diversity into their stories in such a natural way. It doesn’t feel forced at all and they can create something great together.
- Adam Silvera and David Arnold. These two make a good combination as well as both authors have written very raw and emotional books.
- Laini Taylor and Erin Morgenstern. Okay okay I’m just reading my first Erin Morgenstern book at the moment, but her writing style makes me think of Laini Taylor’s. They both have whymsical writing which is truly wonderful and magical. Imagine if they wrote a book together, holy moly.
- Marissa Meyer and Brandon Sanderson. They both write about heroes, space and so on, so what will happen if they team up? I think the rampion crew could use an extra pilot like Spensa haha.
This is my list for this week. Which authors should make a great duo in your opinion?
For more blogs, take a look at all the other participating blogs! They are nearly all in Dutch though.