Sometimes you find tags in which you are not even tagged, but want to do. Janita @Jamsu Dreams is a big fan of tags and has some of these. This is one of them and you can read her answers by clicking the link above.
Well, you must be curious for my unpopular opinions now, so here we go!
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like
I have to go with Janita on this one: The Hunger Games by Susanne Collins. I only made it halfway through the first book, but nope.
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
Well, I can’t think of one right now, but….. Oh no, I really cannot think of one. Usually it’s the other way around haha. Oh wait. In one of the bookclubs we read 2 books which I gave 5 stars, but the others rated it 3 or something. These books were All The Bright Places by Jennifer Nieven and Talon by Julie Kagawa.
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don’t like.
Spoiler, transparent part. Juliette and Warner from the Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi. Not that Adam was the best choice, but ugh no Warner.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
Erotica and horror. I’m also meticulous with scifi, because I mainly don’t like them.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
I have to agree with Janita again, but Nesta Archeron. Her whole attitude, ugh. Oh and Edward Cullen and Bella Swan, because they are so incredibly boring.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
Sarah Pinborough. Tried 2 books and they ended up either on the DNF pile or with a low rating. And Marieke Nijkamp too unfortunately. I read both her books, but didn’t feel the hype really. I watched an interview with her at an event and she’s really nice, so this sucks.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
Instalove and love triangles.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
Divergent, The Maze Runner, The White Rabbit Chronicles, that other series by Gena Showalter.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
LOL, none. I always prefer books over TV.
These were my unpopular opinions. I’m not going to specifically tag anyone, but feel free to do this one as well. I would love to receive a pin-back if you do so!