I saw this tag over at Drew’s blog and he did not tag anybody. So, surprise, I decided to fill in the tag. You will find his answers by following the link.
1. You have 20,000 books in your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?
I will check if I have projects which have to be done first, so I will prioritize that certain book. Otherwise, I will just let my next read depend on whatever I would like to read at the time. Sometimes I want to read a very new release, sometimes I want to read something that has been on my TBR for a good while. If I don’t feel like reading a book anytime soon, I will just remove it from my TBR completely.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?
I used to be someone who desperately wanted to finish that certain book. However, since I started blogging, I put books aside much easier and quicker. there are so many more great books waiting for me.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
No. I set myself a challenge for two years now and I managed to be far ahead mid-year, so I am not familiar with this problem. However, If I would happen to get behind, I would not try to catch up. Why putting so much pressure on myself?
4. The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?
Fine, I don’t care. Ebooks hey.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
Other people who don’t love that book.
6. You’re reading a book in public and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal?
I never had this problem, but I probably would quit reading for that moment in time and continue later.
7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?
No, I don’t know where I would find the time to do so. I check the synopsis on Goodreads if something like that occurrs.
8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?
I just say that I don’t lend them 🙂
9. You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
By finding a book that really catches my attention.
10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying?
I used to buy them all, or most of them, but I’m much more critical nowadays. I just buy the books I really want to buy.
11. After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?
LOL sometimes they end up sitting there for years.
What is your biggest reader problem?