A while ago, I finally picked up This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab. This book has been sitting on my Kindle for a while, but I somehow never picked it up. Until a few weeks ago.This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab, V.E. Schwab
Series: Monsters of Verity #1
Published by Titan Books on June 7, 2016
Also by this author: City of Ghosts, A Gathering of Shadows, Vicious, A Darker Shade of Magic, A Conjuring of Light
Kate Harker and August Flynn are the heirs to a divided city, a grisly metropolis where the violence has begun to create real and deadly monsters. All Kate wants is to be as ruthless as her father, who lets monsters roam free and makes the inhabitants pay for his protection. August just wants to be human, as good-hearted as his own father - but his curse is to be what the humans fear. the thin truce that keeps the Harker and Flynn families at peace is crumbling, and an assassination attempt forces Kate and August into a tenuous alliance. But how long will they survive in a city where no one is safe and monsters are real …
My review is a little late because I have been in the process of moving hosts for my blog. Anyway, on to the review which is a bullet point for this exact reason.
- Hard to get into. Maybe it was because I had the flu or because I was struggling in the beginning.
- Took a while for stuff to get explained.
- Finally picked up speed at some point. You know, when Kate and August properly met.
- Action happened pretty fast and was short-lived.
- World building is still a little vague.
- I think I like the Shades Of Magic series better, but still a 4 star read.
What did you think of this book?