Wow, finally, I started a Cassandra Clare book. Yes, I know, I’m extremely late to the party, but I did it. Can anybody please tell me why I have been sleeping on this series for this long? This time, I will write a bullet point review for you.City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Series: The Mortal Instruments #1
Published by Margaret K. McElderry Books on March 27, 2007
Also by this author: City of Ashes, City of Glass, De IJzeren Engel, Clockwork Prince, Clockwork Princess
Also in this series: City of Ashes, City of Glass
When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder― much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing―not even a smear of blood―to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?
This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know...
- What a world. The world building has been excecuted really well, it was not too obvious that it was a fantasy world. The setting of the book is New York, but with a little more magic.
- The creatures. Like, this book contains all kinds of magical creatures and I did not expect that.
- The book is action-packed.
- Clary should be less naive within the next book.
- The twists and turns the plot takes, yes, count me in.
- Jace. Enough said.
- The audiobook performance has been done well, all Shadowhunters have British accents, which sounds really cool.
I think this was all. for now. It may be obvious that this book got 5 stars and that I will definitely continue with the rest of the books. Even though these books are a few years old, they do not annoy or bore me like other older books or series sometimes do.
Who is your favorite Shadowhunter and why?