After reading City Of Bones back in January, it was time to continue with The mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. In the second installment, City Of Ashes, the world will be explored much more.City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
Series: The Mortal Instruments #2
Published by Margaret K. McElderry Books on March 25, 2008
Also see: Alternate Cover Editions for this ISBN [ACE]
Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? If Clary left the world of the Shadowhunters behind, it would mean more time with her best friend, Simon, who's becoming more than a friend. But the Shadowhunting world isn't ready to let her go — especially her handsome, infuriating, newfound brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil — and also her father.
To complicate matters, someone in New York City is murdering Downworlder children. Is Valentine behind the killings — and if he is, what is he trying to do? When the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor arrives to investigate and zooms right in on Jace. How can Clary stop Valentine if Jace is willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?
In this breathtaking sequel to City of Bones, Cassandra Clare lures her readers back into the dark grip of New York City's Downworld, where love is never safe and power becomes the deadliest temptation.
- To be honest, it was hard to get back into the story and the world. I had to think real hard to remember the ending of the previous book. However, that took only one or two chapters and I was back in the world.
- I didn’t like the narrator of this audiobook, I missed the British accents of all Shadowhunters.
- The world was more complicated than in the first book. This is meant in a positive way, as there is so much to discover about the Shadowhunter world.
- Furthermore, the world gets explored in depth.
- Simon annoyed me, so did Clary.
- Still this is a five star read and I have to continue this series soon.
Do you agree with all I said?