I’m a little later than I’d anticipated, this post was meant to go live this morning at 6AM. However, I have been really busy yesterday and I unfortunately came down with a cold, so this post just wasn’t finished. At the start of February my energy was a bit lacking and therefore I couldn’t read as many books as I wanted. I still haven’t lowered my challenge, but maybe I need to do so. However, I found my reading flow back later this month, only to slump a little bit again at the end. Oh well, let’s look into the books I’ve read in February!
For my challenge
- I started this month with finishing Stuk van jou by Susan van Eyck, which I started at the end of January. I liked its prequel better, but I still enjoyed this as well. I rated it 4 stars.
- Another book I started at the end of January is Starsight by Brandon Sanderson. However, this took me a little longer to finish. I enjoyed it too, but this series needs to take some serious turns to keep me invested. 4 stars.
- I did three buddy reads this February, the first of them being The husband’s secret by Liane Moriarty. Wow, that book was just a mess. We both didn’t like it. I don’t do this often, but I rated it just 1 star.
- My second buddy read was for Sally Rooney‘s Normal people. I quite liked it, but I just don’t understand the hype. 3 stars.
- Carry on by Rainbow Rowell was a book I was genuinely excited about, but it really disappointed me. I didn’t like the characters and the spells, the author tried to be funny but they were not. It was okay, but I won’t read the sequels. 3 stars.
- The phrase “For fans of The Lunar Chronicles” always makes me a little nervous as that is one of my favorite series. My expectations for Tarnished are the stars by Rosiee Thor were high, to say the least. Thankfully this book didn’t disappoint, but I missed something. The world building was a bit lacking, why was tech bad and illegal for example. However, I toroughly enjoyed it, so 4 stars it is.
- I was allowed to read an EARC of the Dutch thriller De macht van K. by Jens Vern. I enjoyed it, but I couldn’t connect really to the book somehow. 3.5 stars.
- The girl in the tower by Katherine Arden is the second book in the Winternight trilogy and I liked it much more than the first one. 4 stars.
- Everything beautiful is not ruined by Danielle Younge-Ullman was my final buddy read of the month. I finally picked this book up from my TBR after having it on there since late 2017. It was surprisingly good, 4 stars.
- I finally picked up Eyes turned skyward by Rebecca Yarros as well, I wanted to read this book earlier. However, I really enjoyed it and couldn’t put it down, so 4 stars it gets.
- Another 4 star read is This mortal coil by Emily Suvada. I’m legit curious for the rest of the series, so I will haul them soon.
Not for my challenge
- I DNF’ed The 7 1/2 deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton, I just couldn’t get into it.
- I reread Restore me by Tahereh Mafi and I finished it within a day.
- Finally, I reread Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead after five years and I still like it as much as in 2015.
So far, I’ve read 22 out of 150 books this year. How is your challenge going? And have you read any good books this month?