Top Ten Tuesday is created by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl and it’s purpose is that you make a top 10 list on Tuesday out of the topics she provides. However, you don’t have to stick exactly to 10, you may also put more or less books/things on the lists. Moreover, you are allowed to give an “unique” spin to the topic whenever that works better for you. Well, let’s move on to this week’s list!
Today’s topic is: The First Ten Books I Reviewed On My Blog. I reviewed books on Goodreads much longer than on the blog, but I never wrote actual reviews and only did the star ratings. So, these books are the first I revewed on my ugly old Blogspot blog. They were all in Dutch, so there won’t be links to click on.
- After The Fire by Jane Casey; My first review ever and I rated this book 4 stars.
- Beautiful by Katie Piper; I rated this book 3 stars.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak; My worst review ever and I rated this book 5 stars.
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer; Definitely a 5 star review.
- A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen; My second attempt to write a non-fiction review and wow this is hard. I did not really like the book, so I rated it 2 stars.
- Kids Of Appetite by David Arnold; A rock solid 5 star rating.
- The Jewel by Amy Ewing; Rated this book 4.5 stars.
- Toen Het Donker Werd by Simone van der Vlugt; A Dutch thriller which I rated 5 stars.
- Phobos1 by Victor Dixen; I don’t know the English translation, but I rated this book 4 stars.
- Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli; I rated this book 3 stars.
I was less critical when I first started blogging and my reviews were such a mess. I had no structure, let alone a star-rating system. Thankfully my reviews have improved a lot from there.
Which books were the first to review on your blog?