Top Ten Tuesday is created by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl and it’s purpose is that you make a top 10 list on Tuesday out of the topics she provides. However, you don’t have to stick exactly to 10, you may also put more or less books/things on the lists. Moreover, you are allowed to give an “unique” spin to the topic whenever that works better for you. Well, let’s move on to this week’s list!
Today I took an older prompt since this week’s prompt was not working for me as the list would only include Dutch books. Instead, I will work with the following prompt: Books That Surprised Me (In a Good or Bad Way). I’m not including links this week and you will find an explanation at the end of this post. So, here we go!
- Evermore by Sara Holland. Surprised me in a bad way.
- Zac & Mia by A. J. Betts. Surprised me in a good way.
- The Caged Queen by Kristen Ciccarelli. Surprised me in a bad way, although I still rated this book 4 stars. It was not bad, but it was less action-packed than I’d hoped and expected.
- Jinxed by Amy Mcculloch. Surprised me in a good way.
- Erebos by Ursula Poznanski. Surprised me in a good way.
- Last Seen Living by Caleb Roehrig. Surprised me in a good way.
- The Living by Tara Altebrando. Surprised me in a bad way.
- The entire The Iron fey series by Julie Kagawa. Surprised me in a bad way. However, I definitely would have loved it if I read it back in 2012 though, because I didn’t knew about all those cliché’s back then. Plus, I was much younger then. This series works best for younger readers who just started discovering YA.
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber. Surprised me in a good way.
- Girl At War by Sara Novic. Surprised me in a good way.
This was my list for this week. I didn’t include links on purpose, so you guys wouldn’t be spoilered by my reviews. What was a good/bad surprise for me, could be a good/bad surprise for you, so I just didn’t want to influence you too much by linking to the Goodreads pages of the books.
What books surprised you in both a good and bad way?