With my unofficial and unintended hiatus, I didn’t clean my Goodreads shelves as well. So, let’s start doing this again because it’s necessary still. It’s time for another Down The TBR Hole.
Down the TBR Hole is originally created by Lia @ Lost in a story, unfortunately her blog is no more. This is how it works:
- Go to your “To read” shelf on Goodreads.
- Sort it by “date added” and click on “reverse” so that the oldest addition is on top.
- Pick the top 5 (or more if you love a good challenge) books, read the synopsis and think about whether you want to keep them or if they may go.
- Write in this blog post a little bit about the book and what you decide to do with it.
- Tell us the statistics at the start and at the end.
- Number of books on my TBR: 217
Our Dark Duet by Ve. E. Schwab
I read the first book in the “Monsters of Verity” duology last year and however I had a hard time at first, I liked the second half much better. Therefore, I will keep this second book in this duology on my TBR, but I won’t be reading it within the upcoming weeks I guess.
Losing It by Cora Carmack
This book has been on my radar for a few years now, but I haven’t read it yet. Looking at the synopsis I doubt whether I will be reading this anytime soon, so it’s time to say goodbye.
Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak
Well, I would be lying if I tell you I was not curious for this book, so I kept an eye on it. However, I’m not that interested in the synopsis anymore, so I guess it’s time to go for now.
All These Beautiful Strangers by Elizabeth Klehfoth
I was not that curious for this book, but I became curious after reading a review. I still want to read this, soon in fact.
Without Merit by Colleen Hoover
I bought this book when it got released here in the Netherlands in late 2018, but I read mixed reviews about it. I still haven’t picked it up, but I’m still planning on doing so.
- Number of books analysed: 5
- Number of books kept: (60%)
- Number of books removed: 2 (40%)
- Number of books on my TBR: 215
Have you read any of these books and do you agree with my choices?