After last week’s clean out, it’s time to continue this habit and clean some more of my TBR.
Down the TBR Hole is originally created by Lia @ Lost in a story, unfortunately her blog is no more. This is how it works:
- Go to your “To read” shelf on Goodreads.
- Sort it by “date added” and click on “reverse” so that the oldest addition is on top.
- Pick the top 5 (or more if you love a good challenge) books, read the synopsis and think about whether you want to keep them or if they may go.
- Write in this blog post a little bit about the book and what you decide to do with it.
- Tell us the statistics at the start and at the end.
- Number of books on my TBR: 211
The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris
This book has been on my TBR since its release in 2018, but I still haven’t picked it up. I’m not the biggest non-fiction reader, so I always pick another book first. Well, I still want to read this, because I bought this one with Crhistmas gift cards.
Beautiful mess by Claire Christian
I have been waiting forever for the Dutch edition, but it never came as an ebook so I bought the Kindle copy. I obviously want to read it, but haven’t done so yet.
The Strange Fascinations of Noah Hypnotik by David Arnold
I haven’t picked this book up because I’m kind of nervous about it. I really liked David Arnold’s other books, but this sounds very different from both Mosquitoland and Kids of appetite – which I both rated 5 stars – and I’m not that sure whether it will be a hit or miss for me. However, the reviews are positive and the average rating is really high, so I will keep it.
Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks
Last week I had another Nicholas Sparks book which I kept, so I will do the same with this one.
Push me, pull me by Vanessa Garden
I don’t recall wanting to read this book. The reviews are not that good, they state that it’s a generic story and not as emotional as it should be. Furthermore, I don’t have this book and I’m not interested in buying it anymore so this one may go.
- Number of books examined: 5
- Number of books removed: 1 (20%)
- Number of books kept: 4 (80%)
- Number of books on my TBR: 210
This week’s cleaning didn’t go that well. Do you agree with my choices?