December is the month of looking forward, but certainly of looking back. I’m doing that on my bookish 2019 and I arleady did winter and spring. Now, it’s time for the summer months: July, August and September.
In July I went on holidays to Sicily, Italy. When I had to get back to work however, we got another heatwave and temperatures rose up to 40 degrees Celsius then.
- Total number of books read: 25
- DNF’s: 3, Descendant of the crane by Joan He, Four Dead Queens by Astrid Scholte, Furyborn by Claire Legrand
- Rereads: 2, Aristotle & Dante discover the secrets of the universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz and Strange the dreamer by Laini Taylor
- 5-star ratings: 4, Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare, Strange the dreamer by Laini Taylor, The million pieces of Neena Gill by Emma Smith-Barton, Aristotle & Dante discover the secrets of the universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- Favorite read: Strange the dreamer by Laini Taylor, I finally read it in my own language and the story turns out to actually be SO good.
- Lowest rating: Listen to me by Kristen Proby, 1 star. Sex was everything in this book and SO not for me.
- Most surprising read: The million pieces of Neena Gill by Emma Smith-Barton, I really didn’t know what to expect at first.
- Most disappointing read: Sorcery of thorns by Margaret Rogerson, this book received so much hype, but I found it utterly boring.
Oh well, what month was August? I actually can’t really remember. I guess I didn’t do a lot then except for working.
- Total number of books read: 18
- DNF’s: 1, The storm crow by Kaelyn Josephson
- Rereads: 1, I’ll give you the sun by Jandy Nelson
- 5-star reads: 1, Shattered by Teri Terry
- Favorite read: Shattered by Teri Terry
- Lowest rating: Both How it feels to float by Helena Fox and A curse so dark and lonely by Brigid Kemmerer got 2 stars
- Most surprising read: Spin the dawn by Elizabeth Lim, I was prepared to receive another disappointing hype, but no.
- Most disappointing read: A curse so dark and lonely by Brigid Kemmerer, it received a lot of hype and I wanted to love it. Instead, I really disliked it.
September is my birthday month and I had one event planned. It got all summer-ish again unexpectedly, so I was able to sneak a balcony reading session in for one weekend and finish two books back to back that day.
- Total number of books read: 17
- DNF’s: 2, Verkikkerd by Lisette Jonkman and These divided shores by Sara Raasch
- Rereads: 1, Red queen by Victoria Aveyard. I hated this book when I read it in Dutch, but now I quite liked it.
- 5-star ratings: 2, The grace year by Kim Liggett (the Dutch release was nearly amonth before the original one) and Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin
- Favorite read: Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin
- Lowest rating: The merciful crow by Margaret Owen, 1,5 stars
- Most surprising read: Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
- Most disappointing read: The merciful crow by Margaret Owen, I was so excited to read this and I got so disappointed wow.
So how was your summer in books?